Benefits of grain-free dog food
While dogs are designed to eat mostly meat, grains can also be an important source of nutrients and are tolerated by most dogs.
However dog owners are becoming increasingly aware that food allergies may be causing a range of their pet’s health issues.
Allergic reactions can get worse every time your dog eats a problem food and over time can cause a range of symptoms.
Common symptoms of food allergy or intolerance in dogs
- Poor coat quality
- Dry, itchy skin or rashes
- Excessive scratching or licking
- Regular ear or skin infections
- Diarrhea or vomiting
If you’re not sure what is causing your dog’s allergy an elimination diet may be required.
This involves feeding your dog different protein and carbohydrate food sources and closely monitoring your dog’s health for improvements.
Switching to a grain-free dog food is a quick way to eliminate grains as the culprit, but grains are not the only source of allergies.
Beef and dairy are also common food allergens, while fish and rabbit are least likely to cause an allergic response, so be sure to keep a close eye on the animal proteins too.
Benefits of a grain free diet for dogs
- Eliminates grains that may cause allergic responses from your dog’s diet.
- Grain free foods tend to include more protein from animals or plants. Higher-protein diets helps your dog maintain and repair muscle, fight off disease and infections, improve digestion and maintain a shiny coat and healthy skin.
- You dog will stay fuller for longer and produce fewer and smaller stools.
The good news for dog owners is the ever-growing range of dog foods to choose from, giving you a better chance of finding a suitable food for your beloved pup.
And just remember it may pay to consult your vet before making major changes to your dog’s diet.
Compare Acres Grain-Free Dog Food and get free delivery when you buy online!